Monday, August 12, 2013

Current summer faves!






Good morning lovelies, and Happy Monday!! ;)

Today I want to share with you my current summertime loves! I have realized that almost every woman has a few HG summer items/things that repeat themselves every year, but we each always find something new. These are 8 brand new items to my summer favorites list that aren't going anywhere, anytime soon!


Let's get started. :)



Iced green tea with fresh lemon



There's something refreshing about drinking iced green tea, but with sliced or squeezed fresh lemon- it's on a whole 'nother level! Lemons are great for detoxifying the liver, aiding digestion, and stimulating collagen growth in our skin due to their abundance of Vitamin C. Drink this, and you will look as good as you feel!



Doll Swimwear


This has been my go-to swimwear of 2013. Jessica Burciaga, a model and fashion designer, started this line in 2010. Her special selling point has been the "scrunch" technology that she has worked into most of her bikini bottoms. The scrunch technology is designed to accentuate our best "ass"-ets, and who doesn't want that?! She makes bathing suits that flatter almost every shape, so that all of us can feel sexy on the beach. ;)

I have one in pink and one in yellow, and love them both! :)



Essie nail polish



Essie nail polish is a classic! It is has been a great brand of nail polish for years. However, I am particularly fond of their color selection for summer this year. A few of my current faves are Cute As a Button, Butter Please, Turquoise and Caicos, and Forever Yummy!



Colored jean shorts




If you don't have a pair, pick them up now. These are hot, literally! They come in bright flattering colors that are so fresh, cute, and sexy for Spring & Summer. I have a pair in neon coral, teal blue, and white and love them all!



Lululemon

If you work out a lot and need comfortable and durable workout clothes, Lululemon is your new go-to! You must go to their store or on their website and get their Skinny Will Pant immediately. They are the most comfortable, snug, long & skinny yoga pants that I have ever owned, and are unique because they cinch below the ankles. All of their clothes are perfect for yoga, pilates, running, weight lifting, barre fitness classes, dancing, etc, and are worth every penny!



Pink acrylic nails



Out with the old and in with the new! ;) I am enjoying the look of pink acrylics all over my nails with white tips this summer, instead of pink and whites or just natural acylics! When I get bored, I file off the gel, buff them, and paint them my color of choice. :)



Coconut oil




Ok, I cheated. This is a repeat! But it's for a good reason, I swear!

Coconut oil is amazing as a hair conditioner and moisturizer for the body and legs! I have been using it everyday and night for years, and love it.

Did I mention that it is the best oil for cooking?! If your strive to take care of your body and live as long as possible, choose coconut oil for your cooking needs if you absolutely must heat your oils when cooking. Coconut oil is the most molecularly stable (healthy) cooking oil for heating due to its medium chain fatty acids and high smoke point. This means that it can be in the pan the longest before it breaks down and decomposes into its unstable, radical components. Coconut oil also improves fat digestion, and speeds up the metabolism. Win!



Hot yoga

I am in love with hot yoga classes. It is a necessity in my weekly schedule to attend at least two sessions! Unless all of my arms and legs get cut off or I have more than 4 children, it is safe to say that that will never change. I have noticed a dramatic increase in my body strength, endurance, flexibility, mental focus, stamina, and I have gained an extremely high tolerance for stress. No other physical activity has ever done that for me. It will be a part of my fitness routine forever!



If you have any questions, just feel free to leave a comment or message. :)


Enjoy a wonderful week & thanks for reading!

-J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment