Thursday, August 15, 2013

My top summer hair care tips!




Good morning, lovelies!!!

I know I'm a little late on this post, but I have just got around to doing it! Today I want to share with you some of my best summer hair care tips to help you shield your gorgeous locks from getting damaged in the sun, pool, and heat! :-) As we all know, the sun can be damaging to our skin. Likewise, it can be damaging to our hair. In particular, solar radiation dries out and fades the pigment melanin contained within our hair shaft. Unlike our skin, which can regenerate melanin after UV damage, our hair is dead and therefore cannot. Repeated exposure to the sun's harmful rays will eventually remove all of the pigment from our hair, and it cannot be restored. It is important to cover up, either with a trendy hat, or to take other protective measures to keep our hair in tip-top shape all-year-round!


Now on with the tips! :)



1) Apply a leave-in conditioner with hair spf every single day




*My favorites are Paul Mitchell's Color Protect Locking Spray & Redken's Color Extend Sun spray!


2) Use a deep moisture shampoo and conditioner in the shower & deep conditioner on your ends 3-4 times a week




*My favorites are Giovanni's Deep Moisture Shampoo & Deeper Moisture Conditioner and Shea Moisture's Deep Treatment Mask! :)


3) Wear a hat whenever possible, or when you know you will be under direct sunlight for long periods of time





4) Apply a coat of thick conditioner before entering a pool or the ocean




*My favorite is Tresemme Natural's Nourishing Moisture Conditioner. :)


5) Rinse hair as soon as possible after submerging it in chlorine or salt water





6) Wash your hair every every other day and utilize dry shampoo!




*You can use any brand, but I like to stick to all natural Burt's Bees Baby Powder! :)


7) Never use hot tools on your hair two days in a row





8) Refrain from blow drying your hair as much as possible





9) Wear your hair natural more than half of the week




*This is so important! My favorite products for natural hair are Aveda Be Curly Style Prep & Curl Enhancing Lotion. They work wonders with my natural hair texture. :)


10) Keep dying and highlighting to a minimum






P.S. Feel free to incorporate these tips all-year-round! Thanks for reading & I hope you all have a great weekend! :)


Xo -Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment