Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day in the Life: The Strip!



Hello my darlingsssssss! Today my family and I went to a lovely neighborhood area of the inner city (Pittsburgh, PA) called The Strip District. I am not sure if any of you have heard of it, but The Strip District is a one-half square mile neighborhood northeast of downtown Pittsburgh. It is arguably one of Pittsburgh's most fascinating places to visit! There are restaurants abound, little Italian shops selling everything from fresh prosciutto to mozzarella cheese, spices, & herbs, Middle Eastern food & clothing shops, Asian shops, vendors on the streets, musicians, nightclubs, breweries, wine shops...you name it!




Every weekend my family and I make a trip into the city about 15 minutes away to visit this small produce shop between 16th and 22nd street. They sell wonderful fresh vegetables and fruit for great prices, and you can't beat the atmosphere!

Below are some of the pictures that I took from our day out on the town. For those of you who ever wish to travel to Pittsburgh, I encourage you to do so. ;-) I have also included several pics from my grocery haul for the week (it's only a few things; the bulk of my food shopping is done at the Walmart nearest to my home.) Did I mention that it is Saint Patrick's Day today and I missed the fricken parade that was only a few blocks away?! >:-o

Anyways... Enjoy :-)








 Here's one that my mother snapped of me leaving with my box full of goodies. haha!



Produce babe. ;-) hahaha



                                                       I love food shopping! Is it a crime?!


   My mother and my boyfriend Vince (showing his St. Patty's Day pride), helping to carry our wonderful groceries to the car! They have no idea that they are having a photoshoot...

I cut Vince's hair today too! I am attempting to perfect the tape up & fade. I still have a lot of work to do. A post will ensue about what I use & some tips & tricks soon! :-)





                                                    My mom...Jay walking, as usual. hahaha




             This is a view of what the Strip District looks like as you are leaving. It is literally, a STRIP!


                          One of Pittsburgh's many gorgeous bridges that run over the Ohio river. :-) 



                                                           Officially on our way out!



               Next are a sequence of photos leaving the inner city...for your enjoyment. Mwah! :-)












                                                       Some St. Patty's Day pride. :-o









                                                              Helloooooo, cyclist man...


                                                             Annnnnnd the groceries...








Have a great night, everyone!

xo -Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment