Saturday, March 24, 2012

Weekly grocery haul & short FOTD (face of the day)!


 Good morning, darlings!

Today I wanted to share with you some of the things that I picked up at the grocery store for this upcoming week, and have featured a short "face of the day" inspired by the gorgeous warm weather we have been having!

On average I cook about 3-4 dinners for the week, bake 2 desserts, and heat up leftovers for lunch. I love to go grocery shopping because it is the one time during my busy week that I get to get away from everything and just think about ONE thing, getting food! Below I have featured some pictures of what I grabbed and a price quote at the end to show you what I paid for everything!


Enjoy! haha! :-)

Store Brand substitute for Quaker Oats- Retail- $3.28


Hormel Natural Choice Smoked deli ham- Retail- $2.50


Carb Balance Tortilla wraps- Retail- $4.68


Mother's Best Sweetened Wheat-Fuls cereal- Retail- $2.58


28oz. can crushed tomatoes and 14.5oz. can italian diced tomatoes- Retail- $1.58, $0.68


Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning- Retail- $2.74


Salt Balance- Retail- $1.54


Romaine lettuce- Retail- $1.68


Whole grain pizza dough- Retail- $0.98


Shredded part skim mozzarella cheese- Retail- $3.50


Hungry Jack Wheat pancake mix- Retail- $1.98


 Nestle Toll House cocoa powder- Retail- $2.42


1 bag sweet onions- Retail- $3.88


2 lbs. 73% lean ground beef- Retail- $6.98


2 pkgs. skinless, boneless chicken breasts- Retail- $9.55, $10.11 


7 jugs of water- Retail- $0.88 ea. --> $6.16


1 gal. Almond Breeze Original almond milk- Retail- $3.98


1/2 gal. whole milk- Retail- $1.93


2 lg. spaghetti squash- Retail- $5.42


1 pkg. 5 dozen eggs- Retail- $8.72


Total: $86.87


What I am getting at The Strip District today or tomorrow:

3 green peppers
2 red peppers
cilantro
basil
2 bunches broccoli
6 plum tomatoes
1 pkg. cherry tomatoes
garlic


What I am making for the week!:
  • Spaghetti squash con aglio e olio (garlic & oil) w/ baby spinach, tomato, & garlic chicken.
  • Chipotle spicy chicken w/ lime cilantro quinoa, sautéed peppers & onions, pico de gallo, & tortilla chips.
  •          Italian pizza pinwheels w/ grilled chicken, broccoli, and garlic & parmesan breaded green beans.
  • Spaghetti squash w/ homemade meatballs, sauce, broccoli, & greens.


...and my face of the day!:






/body of the day? Lol!


...and the hair was not down for long! Haha!


I will feature what I used in an upcoming post! :-)



Mwah! Hope you all enjoy a wonderful Saturday!

Xo -Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment