Sunday, March 18, 2012

FOTD (face of the day!) & LOTD (lunch of the day!): Bare Minerals, Laura Mercier, Too Faced, & broccoliiiiiiii!


Hi dolls! Today I tried out some Bare Minerals shadows, foundation, & things in my makeup collection that I haven't touched in a while! I came up with a natural sunset eye look that you can rock every day, and used a mix of my favorite mineral powder foundation, Laura Mercier Mineral Powder Spf 15 in Classic Beige and Real Sand.

Above is a pic of everything that I used. From the top left is Bare Minerals blush in Vintage Peach (LOVE this), Laura Mercier's Mineral Powder in Real Sand, LM Mineral Powder in Classic Beige, the Too Faced Natural Eye palette, Too Faced Shadow Insurance (to prime the eyelids), Loreal Voluminous Mascara in Black Brown, Maybelline Falsies Mascara in Brownish Black, Time Bomb Concealer in Medium, & Bare Minerals shadows in Grace and Trust. ;-)

I love mixing foundations, especially in the Spring time because my skin is not really the palest it can be, nor is it tan. Laura Mercier's Mineral Powder Foundation is luxurious. It is a light powder that you buff into the skin with a brush that has very subtle reflects in it that make your skin a tad more luminous than it might be on its own. I love the powder aspect of the foundation because I tend to have quite oily skin and am prone to breakouts. It keeps the oil at bay and makes my skin look and feel very balanced. Who can beat that?! I like buffing it into the skin and setting it with Mac's Fix + makeup setting spray to take away the "powdery" look that some mineral foundations may have and wallah! It's fabulous!

Below is a picture of the look. I have I.D. Bare Minerals Grace eyeshadow in the crease, Bare Minerals Trust eyeshadow from my inner corner of my eyelid to the center, and a tad bit of trust under my lower lashline. I also used one of my favorite makeup palettes by Too Faced to wing out my eyeliner on my upper lashline. Too Faced is a makeup brand that you can find at your nearest Sephora makeup outlet. It's called the "Too Faced Natural Eye Palette", and retails for around $34. I love using a blend of the colors Sexpresso and Erotica. They definitely hit it big with this one!



 Here is a pic of the palette. As you can see I hit pan on the gold shade "Honey pot" on the bottom and with "Sexpresso" in the upper right corner. I can't get enough of this palette, I use it every day!

 Time Balm Concealer is a concealer that I tried off of Sephora's website and ordered to replace my Nvey Eco Erase Concealer bec. it was getting a bit expensive at around $40 for .11oz. of product every 2-3 months. This concealer works just as great, is not all natural :-(, but still functions wonderfully and comes in a great size for the price paid. It retails at Sephora for around $18 and will last AGESSSSS!

 These are two of my favorite mascaras, Loreal Voluminous and Maybelline Falsies, along with my favorite eyeshadow primer, Too Faced Shadow Insurance.
 
 This is Bare Minerals Grace. It is a glowy light pink with gold reflects eyeshadow. It is great in the crease or all over the lid for a daytime look or all over the lid with a darker shade in the crease for night. I love it!

 Here is a pic of Bare Minerals Trust. It is a light frosty lavender/highlighting eyeshadow, and is great for using just above your eyeliner to make your eyes pop, or in the inner corners of your eyes/lids to brighten up your look. 
 This is a pic of my favorite blush, Bare Minerals Vintage Peach. It works great on almost everyone and can multitask on both light and dark skin tones. It is a true match for my natural cheek flush!

Here are my two colors of Laura Mercier Mineral Powder foundation. This is my go-to foundation for all year round!

 Had to throw in some gorgeous modeling pics for you. You know.
 



Annnnnnd, below is a pic of my lunch for the day! :-) Kept it lean and green with some quinoa sauteed w/ baby spinach, onion, & garlic in olive oil, and some garlic and oil blanched & then sauteed broccoli. I had it with a cup of organic Matcha Green tea (which tastes wayyyyyy better than store-bought green tea BTW!) and a cup of water. I also included my afternoon quick read. :-)



Let me know if you like these types of posts (makeup &/or food)- I'll do more of them!

I hope everyone has a great day!

xo -Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment