Monday, April 16, 2012

What I wear to work out!




Good morning, everyone!

Today I want to share with you what I wear to go work out in the Spring and Summer months! Now in the winter, you can almost always find me in yoga pants, an active tee, and a zip-up hoodie. In summer, however, it is all about the shorts! I am not very picky with my workout clothes, but considering the gym is a public place, I figured I would share with you how you could put a little effort into presenting yourself to the world. Haha!

Enjoy! :-)


Danskin Now shorts, pink- (Walmart) ~$5-10



I LOVE these shorts! They are light, breathable, non-clingy, versatile, & easy to wash! I recommend getting them in colors that go with the workout tops you already have in your closet, or you can get them in versatile colors that go with anything. They come in black, pink, yellow, white, and orange. :-)   


Danskin Now shorts, yellow- (Walmart) ~$5-10



These are the same shorts as above, just in a different color. Now I love the pink and yellow equally, but would have to say that I wear the yellow more! ;-)


C9 by Champion women's reversible shorts, pink/gray- (Target) ~$12-16


I love these shorts the MOST! They are practically two shorts in one because they are reversible, are breathable & non-clingy, and the fabric is luxurious. They are also very comfortable and great quality for the price paid!


Charlotte Russe spandex leggings, black ~$10-15




I like to wear these on days that are more cool. I roll them up to mid-calf length and wear them with my normal workout tees and sneakers! They are stretchy and great for all different types of workouts, breathable, and comfortable! :-)


Danskin Now active tee, white- (Walmart) ~$5-10




These tees are excellent for all types of workouts. They are loose enough so that they are not uncomfortable when sweating, but are not too loose that they become a tee shirt! :-)


Danskin Now active tee, coral/orange- (Walmart) ~$5-10




This is the same shirt as above (obviously... haha!). I love both colors, but I must say that I wear the white one more!

Campus tee shirt- University of Pittsburgh, gray (free)



Here is one of my campus tee shirts. I have received this one free at a university event, but feel free to purchase one of your own online or in a campus store. Whatever team or school you want to represent, represent it!

Campus tee shirt- Rutgers University, gray- (Rutgers campus) ~$22-30



I purchased this tee shirt at one of the Rutgers University's campus stores. As you can see, there seems to be a re-occurring theme here- cotton, loose, and breathable. Haha!


Nike Shocks- women's, white- (Finish Line) ~$95-120




I LOVE these! Now Nike Shocks are not entirely necessary, but I received mine as a gift from Vince 3 years ago when I started to work out every day, and they are still in mint condition! They are excellent sneakers for running and/or everyday working out, are extremely comfortable and breathable, and they come with a built-in microchip if you want to track your progress! ;-)



Tips:

I encourage you to pick out workout clothes that are tailored to your needs. If you want to shed water weight to make weight for a sport like wrestling, obviously you are going to need tighter, heavier clothes. If you are just running on the treadmill and you do not want to be uncomfortable when you are sweating, opt for looser fitting attire.

Pick workout shoes that are specific to your workouts. It is important to have the support and comfort that you need for the activities that you are engaging in. For example, if you are a dancer, you would want to find flexible and comfortable dancing shoes (as opposed to Nike Shocks. Haha!).



Have a great day, everyone!

Xo -Jess



No comments:

Post a Comment